Friday, May 1, 2099

COMEBACK



I have discovered that I am most present with surreal things. I am the kind of person who collects mementoes, souvenirs, things touched by a loved one, little trinkets that scream a deeper meaning…who relishes moments…who, as a child, licked the bowl and the spoon proudly…who saves letters not just for the words they contain but for the hands that brushed the page. I linger. I want my moments to last…When they don’t, I create a virtual continuum and dwell there as long as possible…basking my soul in the beauty of a moment, a word uttered innocently, a gesture so humane, a streak of hope of a better Monday. No, I am not naïve, when I ink my impasses, my ripple-free moments; I do it not just for this generation but for sacred posterity.

I spent my childhood in the bosom of nature…taking the trees, the blue fluffy clouds and the clear sheet of turquoise sea for granted. I had no idea that these are luxuries of life. My major concerns were my thick glasses, Harry Potter and my little diary. I comfortably mastered the art of being ‘invisible’. To a stranger, I seemed so quiet and calm – not words I’d use to describe myself now. But I haven’t changed. Evolved? Yes. Changed? No. With adolescence came maturity. Through the years, I learnt life; people; words…and that people don’t always mean what they say or say what they mean. I learnt to love unconditionally, to laugh mindlessly and to accept people for who they are. I learnt to say sorry. With perseverance, I learnt to let go, to cry behind closed doors, to forgive, pick up the pieces, glue myself and keep walking down the yellow road.  There have been moments when I have severely questioned my course of life. I have had my share of hopelessness, panic, fear, anxiety, pessimism, sadness and tears. But at the end of the day, I haven’t let them change who I am. My compensation? I have had more than my share of happiness…more than enough reasons to stretch my cheeks for a smile. I have no regrets, no complaints from life. If anything, I’d want my tombstone to read –
Jency John Charles
Woman who has been loved immensely.

Seasons have changed, few friends have faded away, few appeared to stay forever, logic became the new romance and daydreams have changed colours; but the only thing that has stuck by me all those years is ‘writing’. The moment of serenity I dig out of my life from time to time to sit down and pull strings of thoughts pensively with my ink on paper. It was my first love. It will always be my love, my passion socket, my peace. So, here I am…reviving my dormant blog as my fingers kiss the alphabets. This one is to starting afresh and to mark the same, all of my 41 published teen posts have been deleted. Cheers to new words! Cheers to life!

5 comments:

  1. All the best.... Brown sugar ;).... Be yourself and keep kicking asses :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool :D,please continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. refreshing....and as usual thought FULL.
    carry on......

    ReplyDelete